- How did you come up with the name Younicorn Girl?
I always wanted my business name to have something to do with unicorns, then I thought it was cool to use y-o-u at the beginning.
- What inspired you to start your own business and become a kid-preneur?
Well it all started with Bermuda, in Bermuda we have a lot of hair products but none of them are all organic or just for kids. I also think we should be able to read the ingredients. I want to be a kid-preneur because I love owning my own business and I like the idea of helping people.
- What does the term “kid-preneur” mean to you?
A kid owning their own business.
- Why organic hair products and how are they important for kids & teens?
They’re important for children and people in general because you need to know what’s going in and on your body. Chemicals are not good.
- How are the products made? What other products can we look forward to?
The products are made at my home in Bermuda with the help of my mom and step dad when I do big batches. I use all organic ingredients, and my shea butter is 100% raw and organic from Ghana made by widows to assist with their needs and the needs of their village.
In the near future, I will like to make scrubs, books and games for kids and teens. I want to help their minds and bodies.
- Any advice for kids like you that are looking to start their own business?
You should make the time. Put time aside and effort to do your best work.
- What are your plans for your future? What do you hope to achieve?
I’d love to do more speaking events and events where I can sell my products. I’d also like to eventually put my products into local stores as well.
Email: [email protected]
This article was originally published in the 2019 edition of the RG Kids Magazine.